Monday, December 20, 2010

She's Not Just a Pretty Face

It just sort of happened. Originally my wife and I were flying to San Jose to house sit for my brother and his wife for a few weeks. From this humble beginning spawned a road trip spanning the North American Continent. The journey from coast to coast would take a leisurely three weeks and encompass much of Americana, the beauty of the road, and many sights while the entire road trip would last six months.


You may ask, what was the vehicle of choice for this venture? It was an unlikely one for sure and it is one of the things that made this road trip unique. The vehicle used was the 2010 Ford Transit Connect.  From the beginning of the trip until the end I gave so many “tours” to curious people we met I thought Ford should pay me. I probably showed the car to a hundred people. Most were impressed and one woman remarked “it looks like something to be driven in the outback.” Others did not speak as favorably. I heard one teenager say “it looks like a clown car.”

Here she is in her glory at St. Simons Island.


Whether I continue in this journal is an open issue. But for now, I plan on putting regular remembrances online starting from our departure point in rural Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment